A recent independent survey conducted by RSAcademics offers real insight into the views of our parents.
RSAcademics reported that: "St Mary's is a high performing school which parents are happy to recommend to others. Parents feel the School offers a good rounded education in a supportive, welcoming environment with a strong focus on pastoral care."
81% of parents feel completely or very satisfied with our School
92% would recommend St Mary's to other parents
32% said St Mary's had exceeded their expectations
RSAcademics noted that: "Compared to the RSAcademics benchmark groups of other senior schools, many of the features at the School are rated significantly higher than average. These include pastoral care, teaching, communication, leadership and site security."
Parents were asked to rate 45 features of our School.
The top rating band was 'very good' and we were highly rated in a wide range of areas:
- Concern for each girl's well-being - 94% rated very good or good
- Behaviour and manners of pupils - 93% rated very good or good
- Leadership of the School - 93% rated very good or good
- Academic results - 91% rated very good or good
- Range of academic subjects - 91% rated very good or good
- Class sizes - 91% rated very good or good
- Quality of teaching - 90% rated very good or good
- Approachability of staff (to parents) - 90% rated very good or good
- Creative/performing arts opportunities - 91% rated very good or good
- **Boarding facilities - 91% rated very good or good
View the full report from RSAcademics
** Fewer than 80% of respondents answered this question
Improving what matters
Our parent partnership is integral to our approach. By understanding parental views we focus on improving aspects of school life that matter most to our parents. Our latest survey illustrates how parental opinion has evolved in the two-year period prior to the research.
Significant % increases in very good ratings have been achieved for:
- Quality of teaching: very good ratings up 16%
- University advice and support: very good ratings up 12%
- Home learning policies and arrangements: very good ratings up 12%
- Concerns for daughter's well-being: very good ratings up 11%
- Range of academic subjects on offer: very good ratings up 11%
Looking to the future
This research also identifies parental priorities for future enhancements, which will inform our strategic plans for the future and include:
- Building on parent consultations to offer more in-depth feedback on student progress, reviewing Parent Evenings and reporting structures.
- Continued priority placed on retaining and supporting our excellent teachers, through a detailed CPD plan.
- Ensuring we continue to offer academic challenge and stretch. This includes High Performance Learning, plus our Academic Scholars programme, Extended Project Qualification (Sixth Form) and our subject range, as part of a well-rounded educational experience.
Survey response rate 54% of parents, across both day and boarding provision