Supported by our bespoke advice and inspiration, students leave us confidently prepared for their next steps.
As girls prepare to move up to our Sixth Form to pursue subjects they love in greater depth at A Level, we offer all the inspiration and support they need to make informed choices about their future plans.
Our Sixth Form leaver destinations highlight the diverse range of inspiring paths they go on to take.
Dedicated careers service
Our Careers Department works with students from Year 7 onwards, getting to know each girl's individual talents, interests and ambitions.
We take a holistic approach, helping younger girls to appreciate that everyone has something unique to offer.
Rather than asking younger girls ‘what would you like to do after school?’, we encourage self-reflection, creating opportunities for young people to develop their personalities, passions, and broad skills, and to consider how these impact each other.
We also focus on more practical aspects of career planning, such as interview skills and CV writing.
Discover more about our Careers Support
Sixth Form (2016)
"I am a highly motivated and passionate individual with an aspiring interest in global health. After wrapping up my Masters studies, I completed the 4-part Statistical Analysis online course offered by Imperial College London."
- Heidi was Head Boarder at St Mary's and Chair of our Democracy Committee
- Graduated from the University of Southampton with a BA in Geography
- Progress to the London School of Economics to study a Masters in Global Health Policy
Sixth Form (2017)
"St Mary's encouraged me to follow my dream of becoming an opera singer. I was invited to join the Royal Academy of Music as a Junior, and went to London every Saturday for three years to have coaching."
- Three A Levels at St Mary's in English, Music and Drama
- Won a coveted place at the Royal Academy of Music
- Aims to fulfil her ultimate goal to sing at the Royal Opera House