Top marks for teaching and learning from parents
At the end of 2020, St Mary’s Senior School parents were invited to complete a teaching and learning survey.
St Mary's Senior Leadership Team was keen to engage with parents to understand the impact of returning to school in September, following a period of remote learning. They also wanted to identify any ongoing impact of coronavirus restrictions on our learning environment.
The survey, completed alongside girls and teachers, also gauged overall satisfaction levels with how girls feel about their subject studies and progress, as well as exploring if girls feel they are receiving a suitable level of academic support.
Parents shared a very positive response:
- 97% said their daughter had enjoyed being back in school
- 96% agreed that their daughter felt safe in school
- 99% felt that their daughter had adapted well to the return to learning in school
- 89% agreed their daughter felt confident in her subject-specific expectations
- 85% felt that their daughter is confident that she is progressing well in all subjects
- 94% agreed that their daughter is receiving the academic support she needs in school
Charlotte Avery comments: "Our regular parent surveys are vital to ensuring we gather invaluable feedback. We appreciate and respond to constructive criticism as part of our ongoing commitment to High Performance Learning."
Learning in Senior School