Our partnership with St Bede’s Inter-Church School, a local state secondary school, is built on shared Christian values. Students and staff in both schools benefit from a wide range of collaborations.
Working with St Bede's, we have created a values-driven partnership. This has evolved to include a range of academic, vocational, technical and extra-curricular initiatives for students in both schools.
By learning together, our students and those from St Bede’s gain insight into different experiences and perspectives – a great preparation for life.
Partnership activities include:
- Classical Greek and Latin – St Bede’s students join our girls to study Classical Greek and Latin at GCSE. This extends the curriculum options at St Bede’s and boosts participation our smallest classes.
- Modern Foreign Languages – We also offer St Bede’s students the opportunity to take Spanish GSCE through St Mary’s School.
- Governance – As a governor for St Bede’s, our Headmistress is able to offer her perspective as a school leader in a different education sector.
- Professional development – Teaching staff from both schools collaborate to enhance their professional experience. This includes sharing experience at INSET days and Initial Teacher Training.
- Sharing resources – We share transport with St Bede’s to attend diocesan events and members of the local clergy work with both our schools to provide chaplaincy support.
- Sixth Form bursaries – St Bede’s girls are warmly welcomed into our Sixth Form; any girl can apply for a bursary if their family income is below a certain threshold.
- Enrichment – Working with St Bede’s we have created a Cambridge Schools Partnership with six other state secondary schools in Cambridge to open up new opportunities for able students from lower income backgrounds across our city.
Discover more about our partnerships with other schools, universities, businesses and organisations.